Granada International School views Pre-Kindergarten as an essential component of each child’s education. This is the time to create strong foundation to provide students with the confidence and curiosity along with skills and knowledge they will need when their more formal schooling begins. We provide our Preschool students with the freedom to explore their world with the nurturing support of our entire faculty to answer their questions and encourage their curiosity with appropriate play materials, activities, and projects. During this year, students will begin with reading and math readiness activities to build a solid foundation upon which to further develop once they enter Kindergarten. Equally important to the academic efforts during Pre-Kindergarten is actively promoting and encouraging each student’s individual learning pace and interests. GIS builds each child’s self-esteem and fosters a healthy attitude towards learning. Our ultimate goal is to make each young child an eager, life-long learner.
- Our Pre-Kindergarten philosophy and curriculum focus on developing each child as a unique individual who learns and progresses at their own pace.
- Our curriculum is specifically designed to meet the needs and interests of the children at their individual levels of maturity.
- There is a balance between free choice and structure, quiet and active play, individual and community time, and inside and outside activities.
- Learning Centers encourage decision making, involvement, individual exploration and expression, and focus on providing our students with a natural learning environment.
- English instruction is done through games, songs, play and daily conversation.
- The faculty and curriculum both focus on teaching our students to foster positive social relationships.
- Students learn to share, problem solve, and demonstrate good manners.
- Students are exposed to pre-writing and reading skills, letter formation and recognition, and early math concepts.
- Small class size ensures individual attention.